- 2 x ZENAG JUMBO EGGS 70G
- 4 x Spinach Leaf or Silver Beet Leafs, washed and chopped
- 1 x Teaspoon Salt, Freshly ground Black Pepper, to season
- 180 ml cream, 60 ml water
- 1 x cup (250g) Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 x Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Prepare the cheese sauce. Combine all the ingredients in the top of a double boiler. Simmer slowly over hot water, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Wash the spinach leaves in cold water, place in a saucepan with a tightly fitting lid and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes. Drain well and chop finely.
- Place the spinach in 1 shallow baking dishes then make a hollow for each egg in the spinach. Break one egg into each hollow and add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the eggs and spinach and bake for 25 minutes. Once eggs are cooked, remove from oven.
- Serve immediately whilst hot.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes